Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows great movie came out almost seven years ago, does that make you feel old too? and it ended with a touching epilogue that gave us a brief taste of where the main characters ended up.
Rowling has stated on multiple occasions that Harry Potter’s story is now over and she won’t be writing any more books, but that doesn’t mean she won’t return to it in a short story form.
Rowling has taken to Pottermore, the officialHarry Potter website, to provide an update on a 34-year-old Harry Potter and other members of Dumbledore’s Army. It is written from the view of Rita Skeeter as a gossip column.
People who are registered at Pottermore can check it out. But for those of you not on the site here are the highlight.
- The reunion takes place at the Quidditch World Cup which sees Brazil taking on Bulgaria.
- Harry has “a couple threads of silver” in his hair, and sports a new scar over his right cheekbone. He is still an Auror with top secret missions.
- Ginny is now a sports reporter for the Daily Prophet.
- Harry and Victor Krum are still friends, and Krum plays for the Bulgarian Quidditch Team.
- Ron only worked in the Ministry of Magic for two years and left to work with George running the “highly successful” Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
- Neville Longbottom remains a popular Herbology teacher at Hogwarts and married Hannah Abbott, who is applying to be a Matron at the school.
- Hermoine has had a meteoric rise through the Ministry of Magic, and is currently the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
- And what about the next generation of wizards? Teddy Lupin, Harry Potter’s sixteen-year-old godson, is a bit of a “wild child” (although who knows when it comes to Skeeter’s nasty bent), and has been “snogging” heavily with Bill and Fleur’s daughter, Victoire.
It’s certainly very nice to return to the wizarding world, it may not be the novel we’ve all been hoping for but it’s certainly better than nothing.
Have you read the article? What did you think of it?